All Title Author
Keywords Abstract


Market of poultry meat and consumers’ preferences in the Osijek-Baranja County

DOI: 10.4081/ijas.2005.3s.154

Keywords: Market , Poultry Meat , Consumers , Consumption

Full-Text   Cite this paper   Add to My Lib

Abstract:

Poultry meat is the most consumed type of meat in Croatia. Yearly consumption of poultry meat amounts to 19.3 kg pro capite. Consumers prefer price-worthy and tasty meat, which is beneficial to their health. This research into the meat market and consumers’ preferences was based on a representative sample of 100 examinees, all residing in the region of Slavonia and Baranja. Among the poultry meat, the majority of examinees most often buy chicken meat (86%), and the rest of them prefer turkey meat (14%). Quality (65%) and price (30%) are the most important factors that influence consumers when buying poultry meat. Almost all consumers prefer to buy poultry meat in its main parts, mostly because of reasonable prices. Even 92% of them decide to buy the most valuable carcass parts (breasts, drumsticks and thighs). In the investigated area of the Osijek-Baranja County, poultry meat is consumed once a week by 86% of examinees.

Full-Text

comments powered by Disqus