Rhabdomyolysis can be caused by a variety of physical,chemical, metabolic, infective and toxic causes. We present two patients who developed rhabdomyolysis after consumption of hairdye containing paraphenylene diamine. Both of them developed renal, liver and respiratory failure requiring renal replacement. We were able to save one patient whereas the other died. Intentional hair dye poisoning is an emerging threat. Early recognition of the complications and prompt treatment is necessary for a successful outcome.