All Title Author
Keywords Abstract

Hair Dye Poisoning in a Paediatric Patient

DOI: 10.1155/2012/931463

Full-Text   Cite this paper   Add to My Lib


Hair dye ingestion with suicidal intention has increased among rural Indian population and is associated with significant mortality. We report a teenager who presented with cervicofacial edema, respiratory distress, rhabdomyolysis, and myocarditis after ingesting the hair dye Super Vasmol 33. Early and supportive treatment can prevent morbidity and mortality.


comments powered by Disqus