All Title Author
Keywords Abstract

Publish in OALib Journal
ISSN: 2333-9721
APC: Only $99

ViewsDownloads

Relative Articles

Oviposition behavior of Zabrotes subfasciatus females (Coleoptera, Bruchidae) under conditions of host deprivation

Oviposition and predation by Speciomerus revoili (Coleoptera, Bruchidae) on seeds of Acrocomia aculeata (Arecaceae) in Brasília, DF, Brazil

Oviposition and predation by Speciomerus revoili (Coleoptera, Bruchidae) on seeds of Acrocomia aculeata (Arecaceae) in Brasília, DF, Brazil

Effects of Neem Oil on Mating and Oviposition Behaviour of Azuki Bean Weevil, Callosobruchus chinensis L. (Coleoptera: Bruchidae)

Determina??o dos tipos de resistência de genótipos de feijoeiro ao ataque de Zabrotes subfasciatus (Boh.) (Coleoptera: Bruchidae)

Determina??o dos tipos de resistência em genótipos de feijoeiro ao ataque de Zabrotes subfasciatus (Coleoptera: Bruchidae)

CONTRIBUI O AO CONHECIMENTO DA BIOLOGIA DO Pachymerus nucleorum Fabr., 1972 (Bruchidae – Coleoptera) em Syagrus oleraceae Mart. (Palmae) CONTRIBUTION TO THE BIOLOGY KNOWLEDGE OF Pachymerus nucleorum FABR. 1792 (BRUCHIDAE-COLEOPTERA) IN Syagrus oleraceae MART. (PALMAE)

Especies de Megacerus (Coleoptera: Bruchidae) y sus plantas hospederas en Yucatán Megacerus species (Coleoptera: Bruchidae) and their host plants in Yucatán

Biological Activities of Zingiber officinale (Zingiberaceae) and Piper cubeba (Piperaceae) Essential Oils Against Pulse Beetle, Callosobruchus chinensis (Coleoptera: Bruchidae)

N O-PREFERêNCIA PARA OVIPOSI O E ALIMENTA O DE Zabrotes subfasciatus (BOHEMANN, 1833) (COLEOPTERA: BRUCHIDAE) EM CULTIVARES DE FEIJ O (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) PORTADORES DE ARCELINA NON PREFERENCE FOR OVIPOSITION AND FEEDING OF Weevil Zabrotes subfasciatus (BOHEMANN, 1833) (COLEOPTERA-BRUCHIDAE) IN BEAN LINES (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) BEARERS OF ARCELIN

More...

A review of evolution of oviposition guilds in the Bruchidae (Coleoptera)

DOI: 10.1590/S0085-56262004000300017

Keywords: fabaceae, oviposition guilds, seeds, stator.

Full-Text   Cite this paper   Add to My Lib

Abstract:

three guilds of bruchid beetles oviposit on seeds at different times and in different ways, i. e., in these guilds some species only oviposit on fruits while on the plant (guild a), other species only oviposit on seeds exposed in fruits while still on the plant (guild b) and some only oviposit on seeds once they are exposed on the substrate (guild c). it has been established that one plant species may be oviposited upon by all three guilds, some only by two guilds and some by only one guild. before and after the inception of this concept many papers have been published that seem to establish that early oviposition behavior of bruchids was probably onto fruits where they burrowed through the fruit wall and fed on seeds (guild a). then, as evolution of the fruits developed for dispersal of seeds and possible escape from bruchid predation, bruchids developed to feed in seeds in various other ways (guilds b and c). our data show that about 78% of extant bruchids oviposit on fruits, and the other 22% with behavior of guilds b and c. a review of these papers and new data on oviposition guilds and bruchid evolution are presented and discussed here.

Full-Text

comments powered by Disqus

Contact Us

service@oalib.com

QQ:3279437679

微信:OALib Journal