Publish in OALib Journal
APC: Only $99
When considering Intrusion Detection and the Insider Threat, most researchers tend to focus on the network architecture rather than the database which is the primary target of data theft. It is understood that the network level is adequate for many intrusions where entry into the system is being sought however it is grossly inadequate when considering the database and the authorized insider. Recent writings suggest that there have been many attempts to address the insider threat phenomena in regards to database technologies by the utilization of detection methodologies, policy management systems and behavior analysis methods however, there appears to be a lacking in the development of adequate solutions that will achieve the level of detection that is required. While it is true that Authorization is the cornerstone to the security of the database implementation, authorization alone is not enough to prevent the authorized entity from initiating malicious activities in regards to the data stored within the database. Behavior of the authorized entity must also be considered along with current data access control policies. Each of the previously mentioned approaches to intrusion detection at the database level has been considered individually, however, there has been limited research in producing a multileveled approach to achieve a robust solution. The research presented outlines the development of a detection framework by introducing a process that is to be implemented in conjunction with information requests. By utilizing this approach, an effective and robust methodology has been achieved that can be used to determine the probability of an intrusion by the authorized entity, which ultimately address the insider threat phenomena at its most basic level.
A simple treatment plan for manual
therapists is presented based on current evidence-based literature, it is
designed to lessen chronic pain and inflammation in the Irritable Bowel
Syndrome (IBS). A chronic continuous or intermittent gastrointestinal tract
dysfunction, IBS appears due to dysregulation of brain-gut-microbe communication. An overview of its management using Osteopathic Manipulative
Treatment (OMT) is described. In IBS OMT focuses on the nervous and circulatory
systems, spine, viscera, thoracic and pelvic diaphragms in order to restore homeostatic balance, normalize autonomic activity in the intestine, promote
lymphatic flow and address somatic dysfunction. Lymphatic and venous
congestion is treated by the Lymphatic Pump Techniques and stimulation of
Chapman’s Reflex Points. The food itself, food allergies and intolerance could
contribute to symptom onset or even cause IBS. Furthermore the “microbiota”
greatly impacts on the bi-directional brain-gut axis communication. This paper
also provides appropriate dietary modifications for patients with IBS.
Adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) may view
themselves as children; indeed they are often treated in a childlike manner by
others. Some may develop a self-perception that they are minors and view
children more as peers. Using data from this author’s (Smith, 2006) unpublished
dissertation, developmental self-perception is explored by using a subset of questions from the SSKAAT-R
instrument (Griffiths & Lunsky, 2003).
This study discusses how some adults with IDD self-identify as more closely
resembling children. A total of 26 adults with IDD, 17 males and nine females,
were involved. With IRB
approval, questions that would assess understanding regarding perception of
self (along with a follow-up question regarding sexual attraction) were posed.
Of the 26 participants, 73% self-identified as more closely resembling adults, whereas the remaining 27%
self-identified as more closely resembling children.