全部 标题 作者
关键词 摘要


An Assessment of Patients Satisfaction with Services Obtained From a Tertiary Care Hospital in Rural Haryana

Keywords: Patient satisfaction , Hospital services , Quality care

Full-Text   Cite this paper   Add to My Lib

Abstract:

Introduction: Health care quality is a global issue. The health care industry is undergoing a rapid transformation to meet the ever-increasing needs and demands of its patient population. Hospitals are shifting from viewing patients as uneducated and with little health care choice, to recognizing that the educated consumer has many service demands and health care choices available. The closest most tool for measuring consumer experiences is the occasional patient satisfaction survey. Objective: To assess patient satisfaction with services provided in a tertiary care hospital situated in rural Haryana. Material & Methods: A cross –sectional study was conducted among patients (aged 18-80 years). A multistage sampling technique was used to select the respondents. A total of 450 patients attending various outdoor and indoor departments of the MM Institute of Medical Sciences and Research were taken for the study purpose. A self designed, pretested, semi structured questionnaire was developed to draw the patient’s satisfaction to the health care services. Results: Overall, 89.1% of the patients were satisfied with the services received from MMIMSR, while the remaining 10.9% were dissatisfied. Specifically, 90.9%, 78.6% and 74.6% of the patients were satisfied with patient provider relationship, medical care and information and support. However, 20.7% and 13.0% of the patients were dissatisfied with organization of care and cost of care respectively. Patients and their relatives complained about cost of drugs, delayed reports and long appointments for ultrasound and other radiological investigations. Conclusion: With the necessary inputs from the patients and the attendants by pointing various drawbacks or deficiencies should always be taken care of by the hospital administration that will turn into a good result of improvement in the hospital services to the satisfaction of the patients.

Full-Text

comments powered by Disqus